The 200% E-magazine Has Landed! (Part Two)
Well, it was a few days late but we got there in the end. The second edition of the 200% e-magazine was emailed out to subscribers this morning, and this marks the end of a difficult few weeks for me personally. A couple of weeks into last month, I contracted a virus called hand, foot and mouth disease – not to be confused with foot and mouth disease – which resulted in my hands and feet sweeling up and becoming covered in blisters. Normal service both on the website and with regard to production of the e-magazine because typing had become, well, difficult, but I’m recovered now and the magazine is completed. This month’s edition contains:
- A tribute to the Caribous of Colorado NASL shirt from 1978, which is possibly the most extraordinary that you have ever seen.
- Another instalment in our Parking The Coach series by Edward Carter, this month focusing on the man who popularised catenaccio, the ultra-defensive tactical system, whilst managing the Italian giants Internazionale during the 1960s.
- Our proposals for a “Whole Game Solution” reform for football in England.
- FIFA’s decision that racism isn’t a thing any more, by Mark Murphy.
- Taking a pot shot at pre-match “anthems”.
- A brief history of floodlights.
- Stanley Matthews saves the world during the Second World War, according to Edward Carter.
- Match of the Day from 1981, a guided tour of a game in what seemed at the time to be something approaching a terminal decline.
If you wish to become a subscriber to 200%, all you need to do is subscribe through our Patreon page. We have three tiers of payment – a $2 payment as a goodwill payment to us, a $5 payment gets you a copy of our e-magazine, and a $7 payment gets you our e-magazine and a new, monthly podcast that will be coming out for subscribers only in the next couple of weeks or so. If you subscribe, we’ll send you a copy of both of the e-magazines that have been released so far. Otherwise, the next one will be with you on the first of November.