What Not To Wear 2010/11: The Premier League

1. Brenton says:

That Arsenal shirt is classic.

All in all, a pretty good offering from the Premier League clubs this season. Only Bolton and Stoke really messed up (Inter has those fuzzy stripes too), while some I just don’t like the colours but the design is fine. I remember this post from last year was not so kind.

2. admin says:

True, that. I think that there has been a marked improvement this year. I don’t think I’ll have such kind things to say about the other three divisions (which I am planning on doing over the next three weeks, time and energy levels permitting).

3. dorkus_malorkus says:

Stoke & Liverpool’s are particular shockers. Blackburns & West Ham away are pretty classy, though never heard of Macron before. Umbro have seemed to up their game of late.

And well the Arse’s is a thing of beauty of course, after years of bodge-jobs.

4. Chris P says:

Good article. Will you be doing ones on the lower leagues as well?

5. Ian says:

6. kruador says:

“How difficult would it have have, we may wonder, for their designer to have not coloured the shoulders in with black marker pen whilst finishing off his rough draft?”

For a true Puma not-coloured-in-properly effort, see Partick Thistle and Reading’s new hooped shirts!

7. Dotmund says:

I hate the new Manchester United kit. The away shirt is absolutely ghastly, it looks like something someone got horribly relegated in circa 1992.

8. Sean of the Shed says:

“Chris, fortunately, because I have started this early enough, I will do covering all four divisions and (if I have the time, jthe BSP).”
    I do hope you get round to the BSP, There are always some absolute corkers. Watch out for our (Tamworth’s) effort, you’ve got to love Admiral.

9. Dunduks says:

WBA shirt without sponsors logo could be the best, but with logo it’s awful.

Sponsors logo are killing shirts – Chelsea, ManCity, Sunderland, Wolves is ok, but the rest of them is shit (Fly Emirates could used litlle bit smaller fonts).

10. Noshow says:

All the adidas tops are a dissapointing come down after the strips they put out for the World Cup Finals i.e Spain, Germany.

I had heard that Spurs were moving to adidas but I’m not so dissapointed now that they haven’t.

And is it just me or is the ‘Aon’ on the Man Utd shirt exceedingly large? It almost looks like it’s an advertising hoarding first and a football shirt second…

11. yannis tjanetis says:

Great article. Agree on both the Fulham and Srsenal strips. Shame Blackpool could not produce a new shirt with the money they would make.