Who Do We Want?

1. Moore says:

Like many others, I would very much like to avoid the Germans. That’s nothing to do with football though. I’d just rather be spared the site of Peter Crouch in a gasmask on the front cover of The Sun tomorrow. It would be “Over the top!” (Do you see what I did there?)

2. twohundredpercent says:

You should write for The Sun, Moore. I’ll be posting my thoughts on Zer Germans shortly.

3. colin says:

The Swedes can’t really afford to do anything other than play for a win because, if they try and go for a draw and fuck it up, they’re on to plums.

England need to try and find some form for the knockout stages, so buggering about really shouldn’t be on the agenda there, either. I don’t think it will be.

4. discostu says:

And of course its a good opportunity for the Svengali to try his 203rd different formation.

5. tiexano says:

I’d actually like to see the hosts playing England. As the author pointed out you have to face everybody if you want to win the word championship, that’s true even for realistic candidates.
    Secondly I’d like to see it for the show. Who remembers the last England vs. Equador game? But Germay vs. England are Historic landmarks in both countries. And for a third, I’m actually fed up with fucking “5:1″,”5:1″ and my “But we shot the last goal in old Wembly”-comeback started to sound a little half-hearted lately.

6. Anonymous says: