A Tale Of Two Finals

Ian

Ian began writing Twohundredpercent in May 2006. He lives in Brighton. He has also written for, amongst others, Pitch Invasion, FC Business Magazine, The Score, When Saturday Comes, Stand Against Modern Football and The Football Supporter. Ian was the first winner of the Socrates Award For Not Being Dead Yet at the 2010 NOPA awards for football bloggers.

You may also like...

3 Responses

  1. Stu says:

    I think you do snooker a great dis-service.

  2. Chris O says:

    Couldn’t agree more with the sentiments of your article. It had all the air of two teams that had succeeded with their minimum ambition for the season – to qualify for next season’s Champions League – and therefore couldn’t raise the enthusiasm to play for what is, in their eyes, a piece of silverware whose legend has long since diminished.

    I heard one theory bandied around by Mourinho or Ferguson – can’t remember which – that suggested both teams were suffering from fatigue at the end of a long season. That might account for about 10% of why the match was such a failure. I think we’ve both covered the reasoning behind the remaining 90% between us.

  3. Pootle says:

    I’m still awaiting the promised rant about the Sheffield United chairman

    Still, you are right about the final, 25 minutes in I stopped watching it, and sat down for a couple of hours of the wildly exciting football manager 2006 instead

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>