The 200% Podcast: The Beta Version

1. Tim Vickerman says:

Good content, awful sound quality.

2. JCL says:

Sorry but what idiotic system are you using for your podcast? How about embedding the podcast into your webpage and allowing people’s browers to play the damn thing.

Instead I’m being taken to another page and being ask to download further crap in order to play this 200% podcast. I don’t want to download further crap to my PC, I just want my existing brower with the preferences I want to play the thing. Talk about alienating your audience…

3. Ian says:

JCL: I tested it on my home pc last night and it shouldn’t be doing that. If it is, though, I can re-upload it elsewhere this afternoon. Thanks for pointing out that there may be an issue with it, though. I wouldn’t have known otherwise.

Edit: I’ve now double-checked it and there is no problem with it. There is an advertisement for a download manager on the page, scroll down below that to where it says “Download Now”, click on that and it will be okay (I’ve tried this on a different PC to this one, so I’m just about certain that it’s okay). I have, however, also uploaded the file to Mediafire for anybody that is not happy to download from ZShare.

4. Ian says:

Tim: Thanks for your comments, rest assured that the next one will be of a considerably higher sound quality – this is already well in hand

5. Tim Vickerman says:

Ian: Glad to hear it. I enjoy Football Weekly and the Football Ramble but it would be nice to have a quality podcast that focuses on the experience of actually being an active football supporter, a WSC of podcasts if you like.

Hearing David Conn casting doubt on football (and sport)’s alleged ability to regenerate areas by itself was very pertinent. Look forward to the next one.

6. maliniok says:

Thanks for uploading, I am yet to listen to it. Possibly tonight on my way home from work. Tim, by the sound of it, you need to check out Cafe Calcio podcast.

7. Albert Ross says:

Hosting it on archive.org might be worth a look – I know a couple of US-based podcasts I listen to host on there….

8. Michael says:

JCL, please GFY.

9. Andrew Lyman says:

Putting the quality to one side, it’s an excellent first stab at a podcast. The Conn interview is excellent, listening to him and Kris is like eavesdropping on two knowledgeable blokes in the stand before a match. The rest of the podcast covers ‘all the usual suspects’, but parts of it certainly made me think about aspects of the game that I had heard previously but filed away under ‘think about that later’. One criticism is that this could have made two decent 45-minute podcasts easily, and I’m sure some could have spun it out to three episodes. Not everyone gets 80 minutes to listen to a single podcast, and it would be a shame if peole missed out on this simply because they were put off by the length.
    TL:DR version; make the next one(s) shorter, and sort out your sound. You’ve got a regular listener here!

10. Ian says:

Cheers Andrew, the sound issue was down to a defective microphone. This is to be fixed for the next one. Also, I like the idea of splitting it next time around – will put it to the others.

11. b says:

Put it on itunes and I’ll listen to it on an ipod. Otherwise I won’t.

1. October 31, 2012

[…] 200% Podcast: You’ve read the articles, you’ve enjoyed the comic strip, now you can enjoy the podcast! The football blogging superstars at TwohundredPercent have recently launched a podcast. It covers many of the issues that you’ll find in the pages of twohundredpercent. If you like the website, you’ll love the 200% podcast. […]