Cardiff City – A Growing Divide Between Fans

1. Phil of Bath says:

I don’t get this at all. You support a team, not a colour. Surely there are far more important worries, like the nature of the so-called ‘investment’.

2. Paul says:

Strange – I get it completly.

3. Ed says:

I totally get it, the colours you play in are a part of makes your club your club. What i don’t ‘get’ is how such a seemingly large number of Cardiff supporters can be so ambivalent about something so important.

These are sad times for football.

4. mick says:

I get it too. The movement withers and dies because of a couple of bullies. Thank God you weren’t involved in the Rangers fiasco or they’d have been allowed to continue without sanction and probably given a nice bundle of cash to help tide them over.

5. Rise of the Hatters says:

If throwing away your clubs identity in the pursuit of glory seems acceptable to you, then you aren’t a real supporter.

Congratulations Cardiff fans you’ve made a supporter of a non-league club feel superior to you.

6. Phil of Bath says:

“If throwing away your club’s identity in the pursuit of glory seems acceptable to you, then you aren’t a real supporter.” I agree, but I think the shirt is a very small part of that. I’d be much more worried about selling out to ‘rich’ people, wherever they come from. They are not investing money, they are lending it, and when they get fed up, off they go and the club goes bust.

7. Barney says:

As a forest green fan I have had to experience the same thing this season with our home kit from black and white to bright green, which is the colour of our chairmans company. A lot has changed at the club since Dale Vince bought the club and whereas I don’t care about not serving meat and can just about stomach the badge being changed, changing the shirt colour is a step too far. And what has amazed me is how many fans have accepted it. So many of our fans have this success at whatever cost mentality as the identity of the club is stripped away.