The 2009/10 Season Preview: The SPL & SFL Division One

1. Dougal says:

The first chap I’ve seen tip Falkirk for relegation. They’re mine as well – inexperienced management team and relying on the likes of Mark Stewart. Enjoyable read.

2. Funnily enough a St Johnstone supporter just berated me on the Scottish Football Blog for citing general opinion that St Johnstone are weak. I think I’ve taken that bullet for you!

I also think Falkirk will struggle, along with Aberdeen, because I fancy the European hangovers will cause them early problems.

I can’t see Jim Jefferies pulling Killie out of the fire this season though. Morale seems to be plummeting and talks of strikes are not the best preparation. If he’s reached the end of his tether he’ll probably not be there to watch them go down.

Celtic to win (although I share the not really caring sentiment) with, like you, United and Hearts another league within a league going for third.

3. ejh says:

I shall be supporting FRFC

4. Mystery_Bob says:

As a Falkirk fan, I am optimistic about the new management team, if only out of hope more than anything else. A club like Falkirk is never going to attract, or afford, big name, proven managers – at least Eddie May has served the club for a good few years and I feel he has earned his chance at the job. More so then the other duffers that were being linked to the job.

But, seriously, Raith? I had no idea. I have lost a significant amount of respect for your judgement now!

5. chris says:

i think harkins is a playr to watch

6. Allan says:

Fair assessment of the mighty St Mirren’s chances. Again i think the relegation issue will be tight this season.

7. PerthBlue says:

Ah, the good old ‘general opinion’ ie the fallback used by to cover a situation by someone who hasn’t a clue what they’re talking about. It is indeed ‘hardly a scientific measurement’. It is lazy journalism though. It would be interesting to see what size and sample of the footballing world you canvassed to arrive at such a learned opinion.

8. PerthBlue says:

My post above refers to the comments about St Johnstone.