58 Comments

1. Keith MacKenzie-Ingle said:

Southbury Road was a magical place for a kid on a floodlit Tuesday night on the Town End in the seventies.
    Remember when E’s were due to play a Spurs XI, but their first team game was cancelled so they sent the big boys? And their supporters who proceeded to dismantle the Kingsmead End!!!!!
    I know look out for Enfield Town’s results cos some of the ‘kids’ I stood with on the Town End set them up.

January 30, 2013
  2. Keith MacKenzie-Ingle said:

………and a London All Star XI which I’m sure had Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles in it………………….Dennis Gill………the Union flag someone nicked and I Enfieldized…….getting a kicking at Plough Lane……EFC silk scarves……waiting for the coach outside the Three Bells in Enfield Highway…………..I’m filling up!!!!!

January 30, 2013
  3. Graham Bennett said:

Brought back some parallel memories for me. I was a devout Kingstonian supporter in mid 60’s and Enfield were our hate figures especially messrs D’Arcy Connell and Lawrence. Looking back now of course it was just that mostly they were a bit better than we were although there were a lot of good players at Richmond Road. At least the K’s are still going although Richmond Road is a distant memory and the new ground is now owned by AFC Wimbledon I think. Went to a game at Southbury road (think you beat us 2-0 – was it in the Amateur cup?) on a day when the Grand National and the boat Race and the FA Cup Semi’s were all on the same day. Anyone remember the year?

February 14, 2013
  4. peter hills said:

Brings back some great times,as a young boy iused to sell programmes at the stadium 3p each all my uncles were fanatical E.s suppoters LENNY ,ROY, GEORGE, RON.They took me to every game home and away, The E,s had a great team LAWRENCE was centreforward DAWSON QUAIL THOMAS HOWARD KINGSLAND SLEAP they were a very good side

April 19, 2014
  5. Tony Ward said:

The Player signed with Tony Jennings and Derek Baker from Hendon, was Phil Fry a fair headed Midfield player, who started with Leyton Orient.

January 2, 2015
  6. Tony Bass said:

Great memories four goals at Wealdstone F C all headers good times .

January 5, 2015
  7. Stewart Curtis said:

This is a fantastic summary of the club in the past few decades – just what was required ahead of my first visit to the QEII this afternoon. Luton Town season ticket holder – but Enfield is home now… so up the towners too!

April 4, 2015