Tales Of The Unexpected

1. Matthew says:

I found your site off the U.S. sports website http://www.deadspin.com

I enjoyed your entry about pre-match songs and would love to learn a bit more and hear more as well.

Matthew from Atlanta, Georgia, USA

2. Ed says:

the bottom of the Championship is a rather predictable sight, isn’t it?

Sunderland: Owner-manager (no experience)
    Colchester: Lost their influential manager to…
    Hull: I bet Phil Parkinson wishes he’d stayed put.

and Ipswich: first-time manager. We’ve discussed this before, but I honestly think any top club who appoints someone with no managerial experience deserves the suffering that may come their way. Sometimes, they get lucky – Fulham and Chris Coleman, for example. Mostly, it’s a disaster. Whatever happened to progression in managerial careers?

3. twohundredpercent says:

Christ. Somebody could have told me that I’d arsed the tags up on this post over the weekend! Now I’ve had these people looking at this blog, and looked even more than usual as if it was written by somebody with learning difficulties.

Dotmund: the idea of bringing in inexperienced managers for big jobs is one that has amused me for some time. There’ll be no sympathy here for these foolish chairmen who think, “he was quite a good player, he’ll make a great manager”.

cf: Bobby Charlton, Preston North End, circa 1975 (I think).

4. twohundredpercent says:

Matthew: I’ll see what I can do, but they’re absolute buggers to find. You can look forward to more TV theme music and a special feature on Cup Final records, if you’re of that persuasion.

5. boogs says:

It may be older than the hills, but I hudnae seen this before and thought you may appreciate this.

Images from the complete Panini Football 84 and Panini Football 85 sticker albums, selectable by Division, sticker type, hair style and facial hair.

Great stuff, can even forgive the guy for being an Ayr fan. Almost. :)

6. twohundredpercent says:

Good God: I HAD THAT PANINI ALBUM! I can wave goodbye to the rest of my evening now, then…

7. Matthew says:

Absolutely. I look forward to checking up on the blog.

8. twohundredpercent says:

In a worrying development, I spent most of last night getting hold of Cup Final songs. You’re going to regret this, Matthew!