Twenty-Five Years Of When Saturday Comes

1. Dan Herd says:

Excellent stuff. You do feel part of a special little club being a WSC reader…

2. Blacon_Blue says:

First remember picking a copy up off the seat in the 6th form block, 22 years ago now… Great read, been lucky to have a few things published too. Here’s to another 25 years.

3. Elliott says:

Happy Birthday WSC!

4. Tim Vickerman says:

Happy Birthday, WSC. Have been a subscriber since the ‘England’s Shame’ cover of a particularly garish shirt sported by David Seaman. It has certainly shaped my view of football. Here’s to another 25 years. At least.

5. Jertzee says:

Read it since the 5th issue and subscribed pretty much soon after.

Has since firmly established its place at the top of the magazine rack in the bathroom, although this has no bearing on the content which remains of a high quality as always.

Here’s to the next 25 years, and hopefully they won’t have to avoid asking MK the questions at the start of each season as with any luck MK will have died before then.

6. Paul says:

I’ve been a reader of WSC since 1993 but when my subscription came up for renewal recently, I opted against it. Basically, there’s so much good stuff on the internet (if you know where to look, obviously) that month after month I ended up not reading it. So, while I do appreciate (and agree, to a degree) with your point that it hasn’t felt the need to change every two years, I do think that it needs to evolve.

7. Paul says:

Great article about a great magazine.

8. SteveinSoCal says:

Exiled as I am here in Southern California, WSC and a love of the Mighty (Cambridge) U’s are a reminder of the two constants in my life…

9. Roy Ebsary says:

Happy 25th!

10. Kentrebel says:

An excellent article on a great publication. I first picked up WSC around issue 10, and as a Charlton Ath supporter at that time, it was a ray of hope in an awfully trite world. Having been a subscriber of many years I may have changed but the need for the WSC independant voice hasn’t

11. Dermot O'Dreary says:

Never has WSC been better than this:

12. unitedite says:

Read it for around 20 of those years. Lucky enough to have written for it (as Ian says, it was on a subject I love and know about) and also for the Daily/Howl on the website.

Here’s to continued success.

13. unitedite says:

Sorry – should have said “as Rob says”. Good article

14. Dave says:

Good point Dermot. That Taylor Parkes article is the best thing they have ever printed. Still cracks me up.

1. March 25, 2011