More Awards, And More Thanks To Give
We came, we saw, we drank too much, probably. Wednesday night saw the inaugural Not One Hundred Percent Awards for football bloggers at Hoxton Hall in London, and Twohundredpercent was, as you might expect, represented. In between canapés, more free booze than could possibly helpful and persuading Clive Tyldesley to sign an original Dotmund piece of artwork (long story), there was the serious business of prizes to hand out. We were already aware that we had been given the Socrates award for “an independent blogger or podcaster for an outstanding contribution to their chosen medium”, but this didn’t mean that my acceptance speech didn’t amount to more than a few mumbled words.
So, I’ll take the opportunity to say thanks here to the guys from Socrates for thinking of us, and also to congratulate the other winners on their well-deserved awards. It is a reflection of the quality of football writing in this country that there were unfortunately not enough awards for all of the sites that were represented. Should you wish to see a (slightly out of focus) picture of our award itself, you can do that by clicking here. More details on Socrates, in the meantime, are available here, more about NOPA is available here, and a full list of the winners is as follows:
- Best Young Blogger – Sian Ranscombe for From A Girl Who Loves the Gunners
- Socrates Award – Ian King for Two Hundred Percent
- Best New Blog – Michael Cox for Zonal Marking
- Best Contributor to Blog or Podcast – Ian McIntosh for In Bed With Maradona
- Best Podcast – The Football Weekly
- Best Blog – Danny Last for European Football Weekends
- Peoples Choice award – The Football Ramble
Follow Twohundredpercent on Twitter here.